These are the top ten books I’ve read in 2015. Some were published in 2015; some were not.
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover – I love this book and this is my #1 book that I read last year. This book was released in 2014 but I read this book in June of 2015 so I’m considering it under my list. This book basically started my love for reading. I was captured after just 10 pages. I love all of Colleen Hoover’s books but this book holds a special place in all the books I’ve read.
- Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid – I loved this book. This book was released in 2015 so this accurately fits under this category. I love how Taylor writes both realities. She makes me want to have both realities be real. There is definite shock factor.
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover – Another 2015 released book that really tops my list. It’s also another Colleen Hoover book which is currently my favorite. I just love the story line of this book. The concept of meeting up every year for 5 years on November 9 was interesting. Despite complications and truths that were shocking, I was immersed in this book.
- Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker – Another book released in 2012 and not from last year. This book was just amazing. I love the way K.A. Tucker writes. I’ve read the 5th book of this series before this book. But wow! This book was amazing. It had such an unexpected twist. I love the theme of this book of healing and forgiveness. Definitely one of my favorite books that I read last year.
- Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino – This was a sweet story of first love and losing it. Then having a second chance at love again. This is a true 2015 book released this year. I love how Renee showed the two characters falling in love. It wasn’t rushed either. It showed their re-connection and I loved the idea that Matt posted on Craigslist’s missed connection. The secret Grace kept hidden was unexpected.
- Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer – The whole series was awesome but this book is my favorite. I just love Scarlet and Wolf. They have such an intense and loving relationship although they might not show it to each other. It’s in their little actions. The whole series is good! This is an old book for the latest release of the final book in this series. I’m glad I found this series before Winter came out.
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover – No surprises here that it’s another Colleen Hoover book. I literally read all 13 of her books last year. This is another one of my favorites. I really like the concept and the songs by Griffin Peterson. I cried and laughed throughout this book. It was beautiful and I could reread it often.
- Winter (The Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer – Another actual 2015 released book. The last of the series. Man was it super packed! So much happened. It was a great ending to this series. I love all the characters and I was left wanting more!
- Once Upon a Prince by Rachel Hauck – Another book from 2013. This book was a sweet love story with a religious aspect to it. I really like the slow moving love that develops between Nate and Susanna. The lengths Nate goes through so he can be with Susanna is sweet.
- The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward – A book with everything from love, lies, deceit, and betrayal. The story was told from many different people’s point of views, giving a glimpse into both the wealthy and the help. A great book released last year to end my list.